We are definitely pro-Google evangelists.
We’ve just performed a mega-training of Google Enterprise for one of our clients with 20+ employees. The client was already paying for GSuite / Google Apps of Work, so we pointed out all these amazing benefits of built-in features like Google Hangouts / Google Meet!
Why promote Zoom, WhatsApp, Skype, Facetime, BlueJeans, Join.me, GoToMeeting, Webex, etc. Knowledge is power. Already paying for access…. why not use!?
Below please find quick start instructions on how to use Google Meet from Gmail, and the Cheat Sheet to using Meet from Google Apps. THANKS GOOGLE!
Google Meet cheat sheet
Hold video meetings on the go, virtual training classes, remote interviews, and more.
Get Meet: Web (meet.google.com), Android, or iOS
1. Schedule or start a video meeting
See other ways to start a video meeting.
2. Join a video meeting
In the sidebar, click Join a meeting and enter a meeting code.
Click the event, then click Join with Google Meet.
Join a scheduled meeting or use a meeting code.
From mobile devices:
Open the Android or Apple® iOS® Meet app.
See other ways to join a video meeting.
3. Customize video settings, interact with participants, or share your screen
Google Meet in Gmail quick start
Start and join video meetings from Gmail on the web.
1. Start a meeting from Gmail
2. Invite participants
|In the Add others box, do any of the following:
3. Participants can join a meeting from Gmail
4. Customize video settings, interact with participants, or share your screen
Start a new video meeting
You can schedule a video meeting from Google Calendar. Or, start a new video meeting on the fly from Google Meet or Gmail (computer only).
Before you begin
- Make sure you’re signed in to a G Suite account.
- Review the requirements for Google Meet.
Start a new video meeting
Schedule a video meeting from Calendar
It’s easy to schedule a Meet video meeting in Google Calendar—just create an event and add your guests to it. A video meeting link and dial-in number are added to a Calendar event either by inviting one or more guests to the event, or by clicking Add conferencing.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to the Calendar event, a meeting participant from your organization must accept their request.
- Go to Google Calendar and create an event.
- On the Guests tab, click Add guests and enter the email addresses.
- Click Save.
- Click Send to send the invites.
Start a video meeting from Gmail
- In the sidebar, click Start a meeting.
Note: If you don’t see this option, contact your G Suite administrator.
- In the Meet window, choose an option to join the meeting:
- To join using your computer’s camera for video and your computer’s microphone for audio, click Join now.
- To join using your phone for audio, click Join and use a phone for audio and then follow the on-screen prompts. If you join by phone, you can still use your computer for video. For details, see Use a phone for audio in a video meeting.
- Once you are in the meeting, choose an option to add other people:
- To share the meeting code with someone, click Copy joining info, then paste the info into a messaging app.
- To invite someone by sending them an email, click Add people, enter names or email addresses, then click Send invite.
- To invite someone to join the meeting by phone, click Add people, then click Call and enter a phone number.
Start a video meeting from Meet
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Join or start a meeting.
- (Optional) To create a nickname for your meeting so that people in your organization can quickly join the meeting, enter a nickname. Make it unique to avoid conflicts and keep uninvited people from accidentally joining.
- Click Continue.
- Click Join now.
- To add someone to a meeting, choose an option:
- Click Copy joining info and paste the meeting details into an email or another app.
- Click Add people and choose an option:
- Under the Invite section, select a name or enter an email address and click Send invite.
- Under the Call section, enter a phone number and press Call .
Note: You can send a meeting link to people outside of your organization, but someone from within your organization might need to give them access to the video meeting.