TRANSFER AWAY FROM REGISTER.COM
For those that need help with transferring their website domain from Register.com to GoDaddy, here’s the link to a how-to page on GoDaddy.com…. conveniently copied here for your convenience.
Before you can transfer your domain name registered with Register.com to us, you need to prepare your domain name so it will successfully complete the transfer process. You must make sure of the following before you begin:
- The domain name has been registered at Register.com for at least 60 days.
- The domain name contact information has not been changed within 60 days.
Once you ensure that the domain is eligible for transfer, you must follow the basic steps for preparing a domain for transfer before you can begin the process with us:
|Step in the Process
|Disable privacy settings
|Confirm administrative contact info
|Obtain authorization code
Disable privacy settings
- As with most registries, you will need to contact Register.com directly for assistance removing privacy.
Confirm administrative contact information
- Log on to your account at Register.com.
- Click the domain you want to transfer.
- Under the My Account section, click Contact Information.
- Under the Administrative Contact section, click Edit.
- Update the contact information, click Continue, and then click Continue again to confirm Whois changes.
NOTE: Changes to contact information may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
NOTE: If your domain is already unlocked, skip ahead to the Obtain Authorization Code section.
- Click the domain you want to unlock.
- From the Enable/Disable Domain Lock section, click Disable Domain Lock.
- Click Continue, then click Continue again on the confirmation page.
Obtain Authorization Code
NOTE: Some domain name extensions, primarily country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs), do not require an authorization code.
- Click the domain you need an authorization code for.
- Click Obtain Auth Info Code at the bottom of the page and click Continue Transfer.
- You will receive a warning message. Select the acknowledge box and click Continue Transfer again.
- Fill out the mandatory fields, then click Request Authorization Code. Your authorization code request will be verified.
NOTE: Your code will be sent to your email address within 4 – 5 days.
Once you’ve completed these basic steps at Register.com, you’ll need to shift your attention over to GoDaddy to complete the process by purchasing a domain name transfer and authorizing the transfer to us.
Purchase Domain Name Transfer
You must purchase a domain name transfer from our website. We send an email message to the domain name’s administrative contact after you purchase the transfer. The email contains the transfer IDs (transaction ID and security code) you’ll need to authorize the transfer in to your account with us.
NOTE: If the extension you want to transfer is not listed, you cannot transfer the domain name to us.
When you purchase the transfer, select one of the following nameserver options:
- Keep the existing nameservers — If you have a hosted website for your domain name (with us or another company), select this option to ensure that your site does not go down during the transfer.
- Change … to park nameservers — If you have an email account with us for the domain name, are using our Off-site DNS, or if you’ve created a Premium DNS transfer template prior to the transfer, select this option. For more information, see Managing Domain Names with Off-site DNS and
Authorize Domain Name Transfer to Us
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- Next to Domains, click Manage.
- From the Domains menu, select Transfers.
- Click Authorize transfer.
- Click Add now.
- In the Transaction ID and Security Code fields, enter the transfer IDs we sent to the administrative contact’s (admin) email address, and then click Add.
NOTE: If you did not receive transfer IDs, click Resend Transfer IDs.
- Do one of the following:
- Select the Basic tab, and then enter the Authorization Code from the current registrar (if applicable) in the field next to your domain name.
- Select the Bulk tab, and then enter one domain name and its authorization code per line. Separate each domain name from its authorization code with a comma, space, or tab.
- Select I authorize the transfer…, and then click Finish.
- Click OK.
NOTE: For most domain name extensions, a transfer between registrars takes five to seven days from the time you authorize it. The process and time required for transfer completion can vary for certain extensions, such as country-code top-level domain names (ccTLDs). For more information, see About ccTLDs (Country-Code Domain Names), and then click the Help article for your extension.