As one of the honored TOP 1% viewed Linkedin Profiles for 2012, a wonderful marketing campaign deployed by LinkedIn as part of the 200 million member mark, I can honestly say that LinkedIn is one of my NUMBER ONE resources for business development, sales, marketing personnel reconnaissance missions, publicity missions, media relations missions, etc. If I am working with a client and need to develop new relationships, LinkedIn has usually been the #1 source for company contact accuracy (estimated 90%). Yes, it’s true that any database is only as good as those managing it – end users like you and me – keeping their profile (aka their online resume/CV) up to date.
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 225 million members in over 200 countries and territories. Their mission is simple: connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. When you join LinkedIn, you get access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights that help you be great at what you do.
All about business relationships
- Upon joining LinkedIn, you are able to create a professional profile that showcases your professional experience, education and accomplishments (a virtual Resume)
- Key feature: Form connections to your contact list!
- By inviting trusted contacts to connect to you, goal to grow your network of connections, your connections’ connections and the people they know… linking you to a vast number of qualified professionals and experts
- Find and be introduced to potential clients, service providers, and experts who come recommended.
- Be found for business opportunities and find potential partners. Apply for jobs and gigs!
- Discover inside connections that can help you close deals.
- Join groups and professional associations.
- Engage other members through discussion groups, positioning your expertise
- Get recommended by past associates, clients and jobs!
- The BEST Thank you from a good client experience IS a recommendation on LinkedIn, which will help support future REFERRALS and ENHANCE your business development!
We believe members come first at LinkedIn and we are delivering value to our members in three core ways:
Identity: We want to be the professional profile of record for our members to help them connect, find and be found within a professional context.
Insights: We want to be the essential source of professional insights and information to help members be better at what they do every day.
Everywhere: We want to work wherever our members work, whether it is off the desktop or off of LinkedIn.com.
Skills and Expertise